BMT Asset Performance has seen significant growth over the past five years in the Land & C4ISTAR domains, building on the pedigree gained from BMT’s strong Maritime background. Working with both MOD organisations and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), we offer a range of engineering services to support our customers as they tackle Through Life Asset Management across a high value, diverse and complex equipment portfolio. In the Land & C4ISTAR domains, this often entails large fleets of vehicles / equipment with multiple variants meaning that small, individual efficiencies gained by successful Through Life Support Engineering on a single platform can add up to significant cost savings across the fleet. “Designing for Support” from the outset, BMT aims to provide a single, all-encompassing solution to maximise the design, development, procurement, delivery, In-service support and disposal of assets within the Land and C4ISTAR domains. Our consultants work closely with customers to develop bespoke, pragmatic solutions that are both cost effective and easy to implement.
Our capabilities include:
- Advice to governing bodies on translating legislation into policy and legislative compliance.
- Independent Safety and Environmental (S&E) advice, audit and assessment across the CADMID cycle including Weapons, Ordnance, Munitions and Explosives (WOME) and the effect of Radio Frequency (RF) hazards.
- Development and implementation of S&E Management Systems (SEMS), S&E Plans (SEMPs) and S&E Case Reports (SECRs).
- Availability, Reliability and Maintainability (AR&M) data collection, data analysis, modelling, optimisation and programme development.
- Cost Engineering for forecasting, modelling and support to business cases.
- Reliability Centred Maintenance focusing on Supply & Support Optimisation
- Supportability Engineering including Through Life Management (TLM), Design for Support, Supplier Selection and Human Factors Analysis, Integration, Planning & Management.
- Training Needs Analysis (TNA) & Training Services (course design & delivery).
Projects we have worked on include:
- Assistance to the UK MOD in authoring or reviewing the following policy documents: JSP 454, JSP 520, ASEMS, POSMS, POEMS, DefStans 00-60, 00-600, 00-40, 00-41 and 00-42.
- S&E Diagnostic review of UK MOD Land Equipment Operating Centre (LEOC) S&E Management System (SEMS) and Safety Management support for the Operational Support Programme (OSP) & Protected Mobility Vehicle Programme (PVMP).
- Independent Safety Auditor for Soldier Training & Special Projects (STSP) covering the DCC, TSSP and SPSCM Delivery Teams.
- Provided S&E, Obsolescence, ILS and AR&M support to Rheinmetall Defence’s successful Assessment Phase bid for the Challenger 2 Life Extension Project (CH2 LEP).
- Vehicle Legislative Compliance for the Fuchs vehicle for the CBRN Delivery Team
- Supported the UK MOD S&E IT applications including Cassandra, eCassandra, and ASSERT and e-Solutions.
- AR&M - In-service monitoring and reporting service for the Swedish Army’s Combat Vehicle and Battalion training systems.
- Training - Utilising legacy data captures through the Ramtr@ck system, BMT created a baseline of usage for the combat training system to enable a training model to be developed to provide predictions and options to inform future utilisation.
- Training - Provision of a training study and options analysis for the Damage Repair and Instructional Unit.
- Cost Modelling - Provided an availability model for the Force Protection Team to support and inform Capability Availability based on an update/modification programme. The model supported the business case and forward options for the future availability and planning of force protection equipment.
- Cost Modelling - Provision of cost modelling support to the Joint Asset Management and Engineering Solutions (JAMES) contract management team. BMT provided a bespoke, populated through life cost comparison model to support the contract team in their selection of a contractor to deliver the future and ongoing support to the JAMES tool.